Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello Fall! Hello Must See TV!


fall gif photo: happy fall AutumnLeaves.gif

I don't know about you, but fall is my favorite time of year. The kids are back in school and our routine is set, the weather is cooling off (in theory, I live in sticky south Florida), and FINALLY we get TV shows that are NOT reality and we (or at least I) get excited for new episodes each week. The little tease of premiering the new SLEEPY HOLLOW last week has me bouncing off my chair in excitement. I am so ready to grab a pumpkin latte, treat myself to a honeycrisp apple, and crank up the a/c and pretend I live where the best season is in full swing.

Now onto the shows I just can't wait to watch!


1) The Vampire Diaries


vampire diaries photo: Promo Season-5-Poster-the-vampire-diaries-35532091-1008-688_zps4b82162f.jpg

vampire diaries photo: 2 Ian adjsg.png    vampire diaries photo: the vampire diaries vampire-diaries-14.jpg
Oh Damon and Stefan how I have missed you. While I miss the darkness and intrigue of the very first season (and still pine for that edginess to return) fall is nothing without you both on my screen every week. I happily admit I am the world's biggest flip-flopper when it comes to Damon vs. Stefan. I can't wait to see what team I'm on this season!

2) The Originals


I am so excited for this series! I adore Klaus and Elijah and loved the intro episode they gave us last year. While I have always been a Klaus/Caroline shipper, this guy so needs his own show. Maybe Caroline can play double duty? As much as I love her scenes with Klaus, I also love her friendship with Stefan. And the New Orleans setting?? Please be dark and creepy....please be dark and creepy. All of the elements are there, so don't disappoint!

3) Sleepy Hollow

Loved the premiere! I didn't know if I should be scared or laugh out loud! It's a great mix of creepy, gory, and fun. I love a show that owns up to some of it's absurdities. And hello??? Ichabod is just HOT! But I do have one dying question.......Can the Headless Horseman hear?

4) Once Upon a Time

















I'm lumping these two together. I think Once is so much fun and I am definitely intrigued by its Wonderland counterpart. I am a huge fan of things that break free from reality.

5) Revenge


I can't wait to see what Emily has in store for the Graysons this season! And for the record, I am so #TeamDaniel!

6) The Good Wife


This is my one "normal" show. I'm usually not a big fan of the legal procedurals, but I love the characters on this one. Okay, I admit it I technically turned in the first time because of Matt Czuchry. I do love him as Cary, but to me he will always be Logan. You know, the guy Rory should TOTALLY have said YES too!

7) Ravenswood

I'm still not sure how Caleb's story will play out on Pretty Little Liars, and the idea of him NOT being on that show just doesn't sit well with me, but at least we aren't losing him completely. I'm on the fence with this one, but if it means Caleb will still hang out in my living room once a week then I'm in!

8) Drop Dead Diva


If you aren't watching this show.....check Netflix, Hulu, whatever you have and go catch up. This is the funniest and most original show I've seen in years. I LOVE Jane. Really every character on this show is amazing. It usually runs in the summer time, but they are bringing this gem back in October. YAY!

9) Dracula


Jonathan Rhys Meyers. What else is there to say? I usually don't have high hopes for NBC shows, but for the first time in years my fingers are crossed!

10) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D


Please let this be good, please let this be good. Joss Whedon is on board, so it has to be right? I really miss HEROES, like a lot. It was one of my all time faves. I'm hoping this one will fill my super-human needs!





So there is my must-see fall line up. It's pretty dang long this year too! I am so excited. I am over reality TV (well, except Brant Daughtery on Dancing with the Stars!).  So what are you most excited about? 


6 comments:

  1. Oh my God. There's SO many here I'm excited for! The Vampire Diaries & The Originals, of course! But also Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, Dracula & Agents of SHIELD.

    A few not on your list that you might be interested in - Arrow, The Tomorrow People & The Hundred :)

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Arrow...or at least I love Stephen Amell LOL. It's definitely in the top 20 ;) Just googled The Tomorrow People....how did I miss this one!?!? It looks AMAZING! Definitely added to the must see list! And The Hundred looks pretty interesting too. This season is so shaping up to be much better than the last few years! I just hope the new shows make it for once!!

      Delete
  2. I SO want Agents to be good! And Tomorrow People I want to see too ;) Not sure when we'll get it in the UK. But Agents we get the same week you do.

    With you on the Logan front ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! It sounds awesome. I like the whole reversal of the non-supers seeking out the superheroes. The cast looks pretty good too so fingers double crossed on this one!

      Delete
  3. Omg, omg, omg. Yes. Can't wait for Dracula, either! Love me some bad JRM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see him as the vampire of all vampires!

      Delete